Sunday, August 2, 2015

July 27, 2015


Service at a ranch/farm



I'm really tempted not to write anything today. It seems as if my family has forgotten me. I had a total of 5 emails in my inbox this morning and I only received one card this week...that didn't really didn't include how anyone was doing. I've going to come home to a family of strangers who all know me. So please, repent and get better...thanks.

This week has been hard. I had a break down basically every single day. I've realized that I have only 7 months left in the mission and I feeling a little blue about that. 

The only thing I look forward to is Beatriz and Enrique. They are so amazing. This week I had the opportunity to give them my only set of scriptures and my gospel principle book. I've never seen anyone so happy in my life. It was such a humbling experience for me. They were so grateful to have all the scriptures. I realized how much I take the scriptures for granted. All they want is to read and learn more. Church is such an exciting experience for them. I'm go grateful that I have the chance to be apart of their life. They have taught me what it means to continue learning more and treasuring up the word. I hope I can follow their example. 

This week I gave my first talk in sacrament meeting. I gave it all in Spanish and I didn't read it word for word. PROGRESS. It helps that the man who went before me only speaks Portuguese. So it seemed really good. 

alright. 
thats all for this week. 

Love you
Hermana Porter 

No comments:

Post a Comment