Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August 11, 2015

Exchange Photo  

I want to say thank you to all those who have emailed me these last few weeks. I don't have time to respond back to each one but there is a list of you that I thank.

Scott Grey
Deborah Pace
Momma Misty
Mark Ferguson
Michelle Martin
Teresa Hebert (thank for the package too)
Christie Kasteler
Katherine Chartier
Aunt Gwen
Jamie Quist
Jana Wiseman
Uncle Tim
Sarah Faulstick
Miranda Hoffman
Carole Jones
Duane
Joyce Dillow
Lisa Sodders (the package too!)


Alright, are you ready for this? Because I was NOT. You are not going to believe what happened this transfer. Go, make you final guesses, but let me warn you, whatever you guess, it will be wrong. Let me tell you a story with telling where I'll be transferred.

So we got our calls on Saturday night. We were at the church with the Zone Leaders because Beatriz and Enrique were having their baptismal interview. (They passed, just in case you were wondering.) We were mid giving Elder Anderson advice on to give compliments when the phone rang. Hna. Carpenter went to answer it and I continued to give examples to Elder Anderson and Elder Graham on how to give nice, sincere, and yet not creepy compliments. I heard Hna. Carpenter say a name that wasn't to Spanish and I started to freak out a bit. I said "Who was that?" Then she said "Yes, President, Hermana Porter is here." President Palmer gave her her call first. When she passed me that phone she said "I'm going to Manteca to be an STL with Hna. Sheffer." With that information I though "Psh, I'm totally staying here." Here is how the conversation went. 
"Sister Porter, the Lord has chosen you to go to Modesto 2nd YSA Ward to be a Sister Training Leader with Sister Maukeni." 

The thoughts going through my head at that point were "That is NOT a Spanish sisters name because I know ALL the Spanish sisters names." Then I said "President, is that English work?" I heard a shuffle of papers "Yes, indeed it is sister Porter." That is when the tears started. Hna Carpenter said "Oh, Crap." The Elders "Oh no." Luckily, I recovered quickly and I became really excited. Things are going to be so much fun. 

So there it is. Yours truly is no longer a Hermana...although I still expect all of you to call me Hermana. I'm really excited for this new opportunity that the Lord has given me. There is SOMETHING that I am going to learn from this experience. I'm sad to be leaving this Branch but I'm excited for the new adventure that is ahead. 

Alright, another crazy tidbit of information. CODY PERRY is going to come into my old area. He is going to finish teaching Beatriz and Enrique and he is going to plan the baptism. You should expect pictures next week of us together at our joint bautismo. I am SO excited. I was telling everyone about him on Sunday. 

Like I stated, Beatriz and Enrique are getting baptized!!!!! They came to church and Sunday and we told them about the transfers. They were SO sad. They said "But you are part of our family!!!! We aren't going to be seeing your faces every day?" They were heart broken but she said "We are going to write each other and you are going to come back after your mission." It was so sweet. They are AMAZING. I would be surprised if she wasn't relief society president or something. Elder Anderson gave Beatriz her interview and he said after wards "Wow, that was the most spiritual moment ever. She is amazing." You can say that again Elder Anderson. I love them so much. They are such great examples for all of us. 

I'm sad to be leaving Lodi but I am so excited to have this new adventure. I hope I like English work and I am ready to learn what the Lord has in store for me. 

I love all of you. 

Love, 
Hermana Porter. 
 
PS Could you send me some pictures (printed out) of the grandkids and Brad and Jess? and James?
 
Goodbye Julian

Goodbye Nicko

Goodbye to my mission MOM

District Photo

Last Aurelio Photo

Puppies!  Beatriz is in the background.

SMACK PIE!

Classy Act.

What happens when you ask the Sisters to send a letter for you?  You're welcome Elder Anderson!

Dreams coming true.

They LOVED the pillowcases.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment