Sunday, August 2, 2015

July 20, 2015

Selfie Sunday

Personal Study this morning

We are the 3 best friends!


It has been a hard week but this week will be different. We had to drop a lot of our investigators due to the fact that they just weren't progressing. We have been working on finding when you teach and teaching when you find but it is HARD. Me and Hermana Carpenter realized this week that we are not spending our time as wisely as we should and some changes need to take place. We are both struggling with our own battles but we need to forget ourselves and get to work.

This week we had the pleasure of going out with Sister Palmer. She is the sweetest lady in the whole wide world. Her heart is of gold. She took all of the sisters in our zone out for lunch and then we went to see Aurelio. She doesn't speak Spanish hardly at all but she tries. She can't speak very well but she reads amazingly. She helped Aurelio with so much. For the first time in a long time he actually listened to us. 

We also had zone training this week. Unfortunately we were at the doctor for the majority of it so we miss most of what was said. I did learn that I need to rededicate myself to the work. I have been thinking too much of myself and not enough of the Lord or the people he has put me here to work with. There are so many people who I have the ability to touch but because I've been thinking about myself I haven't been able to do the Lords work. 

Beatriz and Enrique are progressing nicely to their baptism date of the 15th of August. Enrique had to work on Sunday but Beatriz was there with their granddaughter. They have this light about them since they came to church and accepted a baptism date. They KNOW that this is what they need to do with their life and this step is what is best. Poco a poco they are making their way to the font. 

Les quiero

Con Amor, 
Hermana Porter


Hno. Hernandez birthday

Hno. Hernandez birthday

Hno. Hernandez birthday

They call me Hermana Juan

We are Juan

Juan in purpose

Out to dessert for the birthday girl.  We went with the English Sisters.

Our Mexican pics

Hermana Carpenter loved her birthday package

I love my Aunt Hannie Poster.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment