Thursday, August 27, 2015

August 24, 2015

Did you get letters or emails from James and Laura?
I did. Thank you, thank you. I LOVE LETTERS. Alright, they were acutally emails but I still loved it. Also, James sent me a ton of pictures. That's right, pictures are worth a thousand words.

How goes the work in a YSA ward?
Y.S.A work is good but HARD. I'm so lost and I have no clue how to find people in YSA work.  Sister Maukeni and I have been trying to work really hard with members and finding though using them because that is about the only way it is possible. We don't have a college campus in our area or anything. We are going through the ward (actually branch) list one person at a time. We have actually found a lot of these people have moved. Not every helpful for us but it is helpful for the ward. Hopefully the ward appreciates it. 

How was it seeing your old mission companions?
Aw man. It was amazing! I miss them SO much. It brought me back to North Sac when we all lived together. It was so good just to catch up. Only 6 more months and I won't feel rushed for time trying to talk to them and get all the drama in one load! Haha They are doing so good though, and they look even better. They had the post mission glow.

What is the best thing that happened this last week?
I got to see Hurley and Cuesta. It was the best dinner of my life. They are so cute and we had so much fun. Hermana Cuesta is wasting no time getting to the dating game (Yes, hermana, I did tell the world that.)  and Hurley is looking like a babe. It made me my week.

What is the most spiritual thing that happened this week?
WE had a really good district meeting this week. The spirit was really strong as we talked about member involvement and how we gained our testimonies of the gospel. We all felt the spirit really strong as we talked about the things that we know are true. I have found that when we testify it strengthens our testimonies. I've been focusing on testifying in lessons. I find that people argue with you less when you just tell them things you know to be true. 

What is the funniest thing that happened this week?
Last night, Hermana Hurley surprised me at Manteca's leadership meeting. I was walking out of the kitchen and in she came. I was so excited. The funny part of this story is that I was asking her if she shaved her arms but right before I asked her that she asked what we were all doing there. I then went back and started talking about what we were doing there and I said "Oh, it is a meeting we all get to. The sister training leaders, the zone leaders, and the district leaders." She thought I was still talking about the arm shaving thing and we all got together to shave our arms. IT was SO funny.

What was your favorite thing that you studied?
I've been studying a talked called "The Fourth Missionary." It talks about how we can give ourselves over completely to the Lord where he wants us to be learning.

What is your apartment address?
I'm not sure

Are you still getting along with your companion?
We are getting along swelling. I love her so much. WE are doing great. We are extremely lucky because we DO get along. There are quite a few companionship that are not getting a long in the mission because of the change up. We just use the white hand book quite often and we are doing really well. 

Mom said the emails have been too short. Next week I am going to make sure I pay attention to these things so you all can have more to read about. 

I love you so much. 

Love, 
Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment