Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, 2015

 
 


Thank you for ALL your letters. I feel the love from New Albany and also all over the world. Thank you so much for the encouragement and the love. I'd write all your names of who wrote me but I don't have time for that. ( I spent all my time reading them.)

This week has been really good. I'm just going to rant a little bit about Beatriz and Enrique. They are the CUTEST people in the entire world. We are teaching them and they are taking it all so well. Beatriz has given up coffee and is doing great. We taught them about Diezmo and they LOVE it. They are so willing to do everything and they couldn't get enough of reading the scriptures. When ever we come over for our lessons they have a list of questions for us to answer and they want to know more and more and more. 

This week they came to church with their granddaughters and one of them is 22. She is super interested in the church too. During relief society Beatiz was explaining the concept of tithing to Ana and they were like "wow. I love that concept." They are progressing so well. 

I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has given me this opportunity to work with them. They are teaching me so much about continually learning and soaking up the gospel. 

This week I learned a lot about service. Have you ever seen the video LIFT? It is a mormon message and it is so good. there is a part where they guy talks about how Service Heals the Soul. I believe that so much. That is something I've been trying to focus on this last week. Service. Helping others. I want to be that person who just does kind things for all people. I think that is so important because I love when people do that stuff for me. 

I know that this gospel is true. I can testify over and over and over again that this is the ONLY true church here on the earth. I have such a strong testimony of the power of the priesthood and how important it is, not only for saving ordinances but also for communication with the Lord. So many blessings. 

I love you all so much. Thank you for all the support and the uplifting messages. 

Les quiero. 

Con amor, 
Hermana Porter. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment