Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 17, 2015



 Hello Sister Maukeni!
 
Welp, not a lot happened this week except for the fact that BEATRIZ AND ENRIQUE GOT BAPTIZED. One year deep and we had a baptism. The spirit was SO strong in the room. You could just tell that they were so prepared and they were so happy. A lot of their family came to support them as well. It was so beautiful! 

Aso, this week I got to come to my new area. Let me tell you, YSA work is different and weird. I'm not sure how I like it. My first Sunday and all the topics were about marriage and it made me a little trunky. Hopefully we can get the focus on missionary work? Can I get an amen, porfa? A lot of our members are returned missionaries though and it makes things really fun. WE are excited to get the work moving because we came in and don't have any investigators or anything. Shotgunning, ain't it the best? 

My new companion is Sister Maukeni. She is from Samoa and she is SO funny. We are like best friends already. She is a SUPER hard worker and she is teaching me so much. I'm so glad she was the Fresno missionary I was paired with. She is really helping me get my fire back! 

Alright, here are mom's questions from this week. 

How is the work in the YSA branch?
Well, we don't have any investigators but that will change soon. We are both super lost because neither have us have been in YSA before. WE are not really sure how to find or do anything like that with the YSA. WE are focusing on members though because we think that will help us out the most. 

Do you have people to teach there?
NO. But will! 

Did you get to go back for the baptism?
I did! It was so beautiful and the spirit was so strong. I'm so glad I got to be part of their life and part of their conversion. They are SUCH great people. 

What do you like most about your new area?
THERE IS A MALL!!! WE get to go shopping because Momma is in need of a few new shirts and skirts. 

Did you get your birthday package before your birthday?
I did! And I opened it before my birthday as well. It has been a great birthday, even though I didn't get my face shoved in a cake :(

Do you know anyone in your new area?
Area, no. Zone, yes. I know Elder Yuson, Elder WIlliams, Elder Nielsen, Elder Ricks, and Elder Murdock. Those are all the missionaries from Sacramento. There was a lot of transfers this transfer. Over 80% of the missionaries were affected by a change. 

Are you even busier now?
Yes. We are trying to find investigators and find time for exchanges and what not. It is crazy. Plus, there are a ton of meetings that we have to attend because we are STL and so we have even less time to work. Thank goodness for planners! 

How have you seen the hand of the Lord in your life this week?I've been struggling to get my fire back. I've been a LOT better but the super high energy I had before wasn't there. This week I have felt it come back and it came with vingence. Hopefully I can get the wardrobe at the mall to show the outer change as well! I just am so excited about every aspect of the work. I don't dread going out to work anymore and I"m so happy that I get to be here, in Modesto with Sister Maukeni, and working with the YSA. I feel like it is going to be a great transfer and we are going to get a lot done! 

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. I know that they have really helped me over the past several weeks. I'm so grateful for this chance I have to serve the Lord and be His servant. The Lord is blessing me so much, I don't even have room enough to receive it! 

I love you all. 

Love, 
Hermana Porter
 
Hello new shirt!

Goodbye Hermana Cuesta

Hello Familia Bautista

With Elder Perry at the baptism


Goodbye Familia Bautista

Goodbye Old Companions

Goodbye Old District

Goodbye Noe

Good Bye Familia Mediola

Goodbye Familia Paniagia

Goodbye Elder Anderson (he's home)

Goodbye Sister Wilson (she's home)

Goodbye Elder Palmer

Elder's Anderson and Graham
 
Goodbye Elder Bell

Goodbye Sister Allen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment