Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26, 2015 (5 MONTHS!)


Guess who's back?  Back again. 
Hannah's back.  Tell a friend!!!!!


How was your week?
My week has actually been really good. I feel happy even when I am mad so that is great. I feel like I am finally getting back to my old self and that puts me in much better spirits. 

I've actually been feeling great since last Monday. My district had an intervention for me and that put me in much better spirits. They asked me how they could help and I have been great since then. 

We had a lesson with a less active who is an alcoholic and he said he wanted to start going to AA classes with us! WIN. we are super excited about that! ha-ha

Had a lesson with a man named Wilbert. He told me never to say the phrase "I wish" because I could be in the presence of a Genie and if that is true then I will be bound by a contract to that wish forever. That contract is bound by my soul. Wilbert was a kook but it was really funny! 

Did you meet with the counselor again?  How did that go?
I did. It went really well. She talked to me about expressing myself. I told her that when someone does something to make me mad I choose to keep it in because it isn't worth the argument to me. She told me about I statements, yuck, and how those should help me. I've actually been trying it and it helps quite a bit. She told me that when we assume things, which I do a lot, I make an "ass out of 'u' and 'me'" Words of Nancy, mom, not me. Ha-ha That piece of advice really helped. I assume a lot and that put an end to it quickly. 

How much mail did you get this week and who was it from?
I received 2 letters from mom.
Jessica, Brad, James, Karen Stamp, Laura Faulstick (emails and dearelder), a package from Aunt Gwen, and I think I am missing someone but I'm not sure. The one I'm missing is Diana!!!!

 
How was church?  Who spoke and what was the topics?
Ha ha. Church was okay. We have been in primary for the last month and it is so much fun. Mostly because it is in English and I understand English. The kids are SO smart and I think it is good for us to be developing relationships with them. They come up to us in the hallways and tell us they miss us and what not (because we sub for a different class every week.) I love those kids so much. Sacrament meeting was on Priesthood? I have no clue actually but I'm going to tell you that. 

What does a missionary do for FHE?
Tonight we are visiting less actives. That is what we try to do. We spend 8:00 with the Rodriguez family and that is about it. We are also going to a less actives house for dinner. We are going to teach the Rodriguezes about Alma 47 and the king who got poisoned by degrees. We are going to try to reenact it with them. We shall see how it goes. 

How was it talking (face time) with Diana?
So great. I miss that kid. She is literally the best. One day I will get to be her room mate and it shall be the best time of my life! How did you know I face timed with her? I really miss her but her mom says she's doing great at college and is looking up all the cool places for us to hang when I get there. :)

What is a lesson you learned this week?
Just be yourself. If I would have been that from the start of the transfer then this wouldn't have happened. I let other people influence how I was feeling and that wasn't good. I need to be me, Hermana Porter, so everyone has a fair chance. I also learned not to assume. also, not everything is my fault. I need to learn to distribute the blame evenly. 

How is your t-shirt quilt holding up?
Great! I love it. It keeps me warm and will be great for summer when my down is too thick. Speaking of down comforter, could you send me the cover you made for mine a few years ago? I don't want it to get dingy and I need something to protect it!!! 

Did you get your February Pillowcases?  (I think they are the cutest!)
I did! Hna Gigger was sad that both of our names were not on them but I loved them. They are so adorable and I love it. Not to romantic either! ha ha. I cant wait for next months!!

What is the most interesting meal you have had this week?
None of my meals were interesting this week....wow. 

Have you been asked a confusing question? if so, what was it?
I feel bad because I can remember anything.

How is your tooth?  Is it permanent? 
My tooth is great! As of Thursday it is permanent. I can not even tell that it is not the real tooth! He did such a great job. Okay, here is a bit of depressing news. The whole thing cost about $1,806.00 and insurance only paid $425.00. He lost $1,360 ish for fixing my tooth. I felt so bad. Hopefully I will be able to repay him one day!

Dad wants to know if you liked the photos he sent you?Loved them! I miss those people! When does Morgan leave for his mission? 

Alright, 
That is a summary of my week! It was great! The old Hna Porter is back and she is new and improved! This week is going to be great! I love you all!

Love, 
Hermana Porter. 
 
 That's Jose.  He always sends you pictures of me.
 Hermana Kaaa!  I love her!!
 Lixey
 Our fearless Elders.  They are so funny.  They bring so much joy to my life!
Exchanges this week.  The other Hermanas are Hna Burke and Hna Kaaa (Hna Kaaa came out with me.  I love that lady so much!)
 

1 comment: