Sunday, January 4, 2015

December 25, 2014

Christmas!!
 

(Since we were able to talk, she sent us her letter to her President)

President Jardine!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I absolutely love this day! The spirit is so strong it kills me! I loved having the opportunity to talk to my parents, everything is going so good! I got to talk to everyone and it was so nice. Dad told me some bad new about grandpa Porter and it looks like things aren't going to good with him right now. He has cancer and it has rapidly spread. It doesn't look like he has much time left. I got to talk to him for probably the last time which was really special. I'm glad I had the chance to say goodbye. Closure is always good. 

My parents really gave me the boost I needed to continue on. They kept saying how impressed they were that I was coping well to missionary life. They expected me to be home already (endearing, I know.) I'm just glad this was something I am able to do and I love it as much as I thought I would. 

I've realized this Christmas season how IMPORTANT family is. They are everything. They are the one of the many way that Heavenly Father has provided to us to help us return back to Him. Whenever I think about making a bad decision I think, what would my family say and then automatically think, "What would my Heavenly Father say?" If that doesn't keep me on the straight and narrow I'm not sure what will. They are such a blessing to me and I only wish they could know how much they mean to me. My word lack to express the gratitude I feel towards them. I love them and the spirit I feel when I am with them! 

I would also like to inform you that my tooth is doing great! We decided the super glue route and my family didn't seem to notice at all. You and sister Jardine gave me some great advice. Thank you. 

Love you and praying for you, 
Hermana Porter

This is my message to my president this week. I thought it was fitting to send it home since we just talked over skype! (btw, best hour and blah blah blah of my life!) The only thing I'd like to add is our MIRACLE this week! We have been really down. The work has been hard and we have been really stuck lately. But we found a guy named Felix! He has been to church before...FOR A YEAR!!! He went to the ward in the other and then lost contact with the missionaries. We extended him a conditional date for Jan 28 and he accepted it! He said that he realized that baptism was a serious commitment and that if we helped him he could be ready! We were so enthused. It was the best news we could have received at that time! We were so happy.

I love you family. You are the best! Thanks for talking to me today!  I'm sorry that I didn't see Brad but I"m so happy that I got to talk to him and Jess. I hope they had a good Christmas with Brian and Roxanne! 

I love you family and friends and everyone in-between! 

Love, 
Hermana Porter. 

P.s Crazying thing that happened this week is that I cracked my tooth in half. Playing sports none the less...I knew there was a reason that I didn't play sports. I was running to get a ball when I was tagged and got out. I continued running and I hit my companion which then forced my face into the floor. Ouch, I know. I then felt a vital part of my mouth missing. Half of my tooth! haha But don't you worry your pretty little minds, Elder Gove glued it right back in for me. (Pictures will be attached.) 
 
 Elder Gove after my tooth was super-glued back in!  He did it backwards, but that is okay.

My Favorite Christmas Presents!!!! 

(up) Tongan Christmas (and down)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment