Monday, January 5, 2015

January 1, 2015

Alright, so I had my first transfer here in the mission. That means that I am officially done training!! Yah Bay Be!

So we all went to Chili's to get our transfer calls. We were sitting around the table and waiting for our phone to ring. I think I should clarify everyone...it was me, Hna Hurley, Hna Cuesta, and Hna Sheffer. Our phone started to ring and I started dying inside. I thought for sure something terrible was going to happen...and it kind of did. 

The good news is that I am still in Rio Tierra East aka I am staying in the same area. The bad news is, they are combining our area back to how it used to be. We are now covering twice what we used to. Also, Hna Hurley got transferred. She just went to Rio Tierra West (so we live in the same apartment still and go to the same ward. It is actually really weird to still have her around.) Also, my new companion is Hna Gigger. She is from Idaho. She has 6 other siblings. Also, she is a lot like James. She likes Political Science and to debate. I will let you all decide if that is a good thing or not. I love her so far and I think we are going to have a good time. This will be our only transfer together because she goes home after this transfer. 

This week hasn't been too crazy. I feel like my letters have gone really downhill and lack the usual pizzazz that they typically do. I've started having a lot of brain farts when I sit down to write and yes mom, I do have my planner with me. 
 
Questions:

Did you or your companion get transferred?

Hna Hurley did. I think I have 2 more transfers here. This one and then one more because Hna Gigger goes home at the end of this transfer and I don't think that they will shotgun it again. 

How's the broken tooth? could they save the little piece?  What did they have to do to fix it?

So the dentist is actually a member of the mission presidency. They did a root canal on Monday and are just going to leave the tooth glued on as Elder Gove did it....

Then I got back on the 14 Jan (Happy Birthday Jessica) and they are going to start the new tooth process. It is a little unclear to me if I will actually get the new tooth on that day or if they will just start sculpting it. They are going to shave the original tooth down and then just put a cap on top of the old tooth. We shall see how this all goes. President Moser is a champ though. He is just going to accept whatever our insurance pays and then wave everything else. What a sweet guy!

What did you do for New Years Eve?

We just came to the church. Elder Fernandez refused to let me play games this time because of what happened on Christmas Eve. So we played signs and thimble full of water (you seem to be the only person who hates that game, mom.) and I also taught them Happy Family. They loved it. We stayed at the church until 8:45 and then went home so we could be in by 9:00.

What are you going to do this week to improve your Spanish?

Hna Gigger wants to speak in hardcore Spanish this week. It is really hard to understand what she says. She has a weird accent and her voice cracks a lot. I have seen it improve just a little since being with her. We speak in a lot more Spanish than me and Hna Hurley. 

What are you going to do different this week to get some people to teach?

I'll tell you on Monday. This whole "shot gunning again" thing is really throwing a cramp in my style. Sometimes I really doubt if president knows what he is doing. (that was a joke, i hope everyone is laughing. ) We are probably going to trying to get to know some of the new people in our new area. We also have a lot of appointments in our old area that we need to keep. 

What day and time will you be emailing now?

We will be emailing on Monday. What I'm I have no idea. We do not find out until the night before...I'm sorry. 

Transfers here in the mission are a lot harder than I thought they would be. I had to say goodbye to a lot of my favorite elders. Elder Harris and Elder Gove and Elder Packer and Elder Ross left to different areas. Elder Espiritu when home...I loved that fella. and so did elder Echanique, he was my district leader. Elder Ward is the new District leader and I am covering his old area. It is really hard to say goodbye to everyone. It breaks my heart to pieces. Also, Diana left to college this week.So needless to say, it has been a really hard week. 

We added a few people this week. It is a Dad and a daughter. They have accepted a baptismal date for the 31 of January. Me and Hna Gigger are going to be fasting for a baptism on the 31. That is our goal/vision. 

I love you family and friends. Keep going strong. 

Love, 
Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment