Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 19, 2015

SO this week has been really hard again.

On Wednesday I had a meeting with the mission President. We talked about my feelings for a good 45 minutes and he told me some ways I can improve. He gave me a blessing. After the blessing I felt so peaceful. It is the most peaceful and content I have felt in a really long time. I'm so glad I finally asked to get a blessing. He then told me he wanted me to see a counselor and  talk with the mission nurse and take a stress test so that is what I did. The mission nurse told me that I need to see the counselor and so they signed up with the people from LDS Social Services. 

Friday was my appointment with Nancy (the name of my counselor) and boy do I like that lady. (can you tell I was read Junie B Jones too much as a child?) She helped me learn a lot from what I was feeling. She gave me some really good ways to change my way of thinking and make me see positively. She said that it isn't a chemical depression which is good. She said it is situational and that I've met a force that is oppressing me. I just need to figure out a way that I can feel like I can be myself again and that should increase the process of making me happy. 

We taught a few lessons this week. We still have no solid investigators and the work is extremely hard. My companion and I have some different views on missionary work and that causes some conflicts. I'm working on my communication skills so I can learn to express to her the things that I think are important. We are working out our problems one step at a time. 

She is really teaching me how to work super hard and I'm grateful for that. That is really something I can use my entire mission. 

QUESTIONS
I want to know what your counselor told you to do to be happy. 
She told me to think "Is this in my circle of influence or my circle of concern." Circle of influence is things I can control and circle of concern is things I cannot control. Good advice huh? 

Also, she told me to feed the white dog, not the black dog. Feed the positive feelings not the negative feelings. 

Lessons taught this week. 
Not a lot. We just got a lot of door step lessons which didn't really get us anywhere. 
We had a really good lesson with a lady named Claudia and her husband Frederico. The whole family wants to come to the lesson on Saturday and they are really excited for us to return. We are really hoping something becomes of them. 

I saw pictures of a wedding. Who got married and how was it? Is it different from a reception/wedding here?
A family that the Hermanas married and baptized this week. A family of 4. Kind of a sore subject to me and I will tell you about it when I am not so sensitive. 

Who did you get letters from this week?
I got a letter from Porter Elmer, Diana, Kim Stephenson, Lisa Sodders, and I got a package from Sarah Harward, Lacey, and MOM. 

What are some things you need?
Toothpaste, floss, new tooth, deodorant, little socks, Joseph and the technicolored dream coat (Donnie Osmond version please). Also those EFY CD's I asked you about at Christmas time. A down east skirt just like the green and pink one that you have. I love that skirt and I want as many of them as possible. 

Did you do any splits this week?
No. We don't really have the appointments for splits....soooo. 

What are you doing to convert yourself?
Reading the scriptures and saying my prayers. I know I am doing something but that is a lot of pressure to put me under. 

How is your personal study going?
Great. I love personal study. My favorite time of the day. 

Love you all, 
Hermana POrter.

No comments:

Post a Comment