Wednesday, February 3, 2016

January 18, 2016





The Best District Ever!!!
Elders Torres, Aborto, Felis, Graham, Guzmon, and Smith
Hermanas Pimentel, Alacraz, Robinson, Porter and Parkinson
 
 
It was been quite the week here in CA. The sun was hid by a bunch of rain clouds but lets be honest, we are in a drought and the earth needed it. The Lords is blessing sin state.

So, a bunch of good and a bunch of bad has happened this week. Good first, shall we? 

JESSICA IS ON DATE AND PASSED HER BAPTISMAL INTERVIEW!!! 

So this week I went on exchanges with Hna Alacraz (tue-wed) and we had 2 lessons with Jessica in that exchange. The first we taught about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how important it is that we follow his example. She said "Hermana's! All I want to do is be baptized! I just want to have my sins washed away and be baptized into the true church." Afterwards Hna Alacraz and I were just blown away by her testimony. The next day we recommitted her to baptism and went over the interview questions. She had her interview Friday and passed! Elder Torres was blown away by her. Noemi wanted to try it too so she could be baptized with her mom. When it came time to do it she had a mini panic attack because she didn't realized that Elder Torres was going to do it. We said a prayer and I went in with her. She got accustomed to Elder Torres and she passed the interview with flying colors too! They ended up pretty good friends at the end! haha 

We are now just praying for miracles to happen that her and Fidel can get married. Hopefully he can find an ID so they can get a license. 

We also had Zone Conference this week. Not only did I get to see my besties Hnas Sheffer, Carpenter, Allen, Neeley, and Elders Bell, Beck, Williams, and Clark but I also learned a TON. We learned about the importance of counseling together about decisions we have to make. We can counsel together as a Mission, as a Mission Leadership Council, as a Zone, and a Leadership Counsel, and so many other ways. It goes down to stewardship and companionship. When we are able to talk together and come to a decision that everyone has contributed to we all gain a spiritual conformation that it is what we need to do. This is why it important to have a "Think about this.." or "Prepare to learn..." So we can have a conversation about what we are learning. Also, Zone Conference remember the importance of using the Book of Mormon when we are teaching. This should be our main tool in helping people come unto Christ. This is what they should gain a testimony of to know that this is the restored gospel. So why not use it more? 

I also went on exchanges with Hna Parkison this week. Holy moly she is an amazing missionary. Her and Hna Robison are on fire and they've got Ceres bopping with work. I'm so impressed by her and her Spanish and her desire to serve the Lord. Shes only been out for 2 transfers and shes ready to train and help other missionaries. Shes a little nervous about herself and not to confident but shes has got a good head on her shoulders. With our exchange, I learned the importance of discerning the needs of our investigators and our companions. It is so important that we are uplifting everyone and create learning experiences for ourselves. 

I'm so thankful for the sister that I have been given and what I have learned from them. They are uplifting and they give me the fire I need to continue these last transfers of my mission. I feel like i keep busy because of love and not obligation. I love everyone that I'm serving for and with. I'm thankful that I've been given these growing "pains" that help me become who the Lord wants me to be. 

I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Porter
 
Me and Hermana Pimentel

Me and Hno Gutierrez.  He gave me a hat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment