Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February 1, 2016



Holy Moly we have had a CrAzY awesome week! It has been full of hard work and excitement. I thought that being released as a STL would make me feel like slacking off or not as busy but that is quite the opposite. Hna Pimentel and I have gotten busy and our little area here is flourishing. It is good to be a normal missionary again where we get to go out to work at 12 and we only have one meeting a week to attend. There is so much more time to be spent in our area and with those people who need the gospel!

One Tuesday we found an awesome new investigator. His name is Alberto. We were tracking a street and Hna PImentel looks down an alley and says "there are 2 girls down there, let's got talk to them." I kind of laughed at her because the girls were like 4 blocks away and I didn't think we would get to them before they walked away but I agreed. As we started to walk we saw 2 men sitting in their car and we said Hi and then started to talk to them. They had seen our commercial (I didn't know we had a commercial) and said that they liked how we gave people better lives. They could see the wickedness and they didn't like that. They really like that we were out teaching people about Christ. They readily accepted a return appointment and were prepared to hear the message when we returned. We went back on Friday night and we had 2 members with us. The lesson was fantastic. The spirit was so strong. Alberto asked a lot of questions and all of them were on topic. He has such a desire to know what God would have him do. He said that he was raised catholic but he didn't feel like that was the right place, the Jehovah witness wasn't where he needed to be either. What he has seen from us, he really likes and he wants to continue to know more. The members testified and he listen. The spirit was guiding that lesson. What I've learned from meeting Alberto is that Heavenly Father knows each of his children. He will guide them to the things they need to do in this life. That is why it is so important that we follow the spirit. Could you imagine if Hna Pimentel hadn't followed the prompting to go down the alley way? We would have never found Alberto. Following the spirit is a continual struggle but it is something that I'm getting better at and hope that continues to grow. If we want to be on the Lord's errand we've got to be willing to listen to him, right?

This week with Jessica has been a little stressful. She is still progressing wonderfully but she still isn't married. Ughhh, peoples agency is the worst. We have run out of things to teach her although we have some promptings. We think that it is just a lack of faith. I can only imagine being alone in the USA with only your boyfriend, not family, and wondering how you are going to provide for you family if you leave him. But another thing that I learned this week, if we make the "kingdom of god" our first priority everything else has it's place. (Matt. 6:33) That is something that I want, to make the kingdom of god first because I know that as I do that all the blessings will fall into place. We have to take that leap of faith though and do everything we can to live by his commandments. If we are doing something contrary, change it and the Lord promises to bless us. New goal of mine. We are scared that she wont make her baptismal date of this weekend because they still aren't married. I'm praying, praying PRAYING that her dream can come true. Hopefully we can help her find her answer in what she needs to do to get baptism. 

A plus with Jessica, she is so ready. This week she asked us if she could go out with us so she could share her story with those we are working with and she also sent all her family as referrals to missionaries in Mexico. How cute is that? She is so excited to be a member. She has plans to go to the temple in a few months to do her sisters work and in a year to take out her endowments. Isn't that so cool? The spirit is totally working with her. 

This week I started a thing called "My Plan." It is to help me adjust to being home. I do it once a week until I go home. It helps me set goals and make plans for how I can continue to grow. I LOVE IT. I've only done the first section so far but it is so cool. It is very interactive and very spiritually uplifting. There are going to be a lot of blessings that come from it. I'm a little nervous about coming home but I'm excited to start the next phase of my life. The Lord has taught me so much over the last 18 months and I'm excited to apply what I've learned. A quote from My Plan, "The Mission field is the MTC for Life" haha I can't wait to see how that is true. 

I'm surprisingly not trunky. I only had one real trunky moment this week and I got a letter from the Elmer kids. One line from Porter's letter made me trunky. He said "I can't wait to be at the airport holding a sign that says 'welcome home hanny' on it." That kind of  hit me that I'm coming home soon but it also made me want to work harder because the nap is insight! haha

Love you all. Have a GREAT week.

Love,
Hermana Porter
 
I forgot to add something.

The downer to this week, one of our investigators "fell in love with me." Sister Dimpter is convinced that he is my husband but I think other wise. He called this week saying he had called his friends in OH and got a job with them so when I go home he can come with me, but only if the feelings are mutual. I let him know that the feelings were NOT mutual and we passed him off to the elders. Hopefully that is the end of that. I mean, the man is old enough to be my dad (he is 55 which is the age of dad!) and he has a drinking problem. I think I can do better. HaHa. If anything comes back up, we are going to call President. 

Also, Sister Dimpter informed me that I made her friend, who is also 50, Top 5 Hottest Women list. Watch out world. Apparently I've gotten super attractive here in my last 6 weeks as a missionary and people can't keep their eyes off me. I'm sure to be a heart breaker when I get back! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment