Tuesday, February 9, 2016

February 8, 2016

Another crazy week here in Crows Landing 2nd Branch. We have been living the life yet again.

We added 2 new investigators this week. Remember how last week I told you about Alberto and how we found him? Well, turns out that house is a jackpot for missionaries. We added his cousin, Eliseo, and his sister Elizabeth. We had 2 really good lessons with them and they all accepted a baptismal date for the 5 of March. I pray that they continue to have the desire to come unto Christ and accept Him in their lives. This gospel has brought me so many blessings and I know that it will bring them blessings too. It is so cool to be able to see people who want to make their lives better and get out of trouble. It like the scriptures say, people are looking for the truth, they just don't know where to find it. I love being able to help them FIND IT. 

JESSICA GOT HER OWN APARTMENT!!! She finally moved out of the crappy place she was living and now she gets her own kitchen and her own room and bathroom and everything. She is so happy. She can see all the blessings that God is giving to her and it is beautiful. She is still struggling with getting Fidel to marry her/him getting the desire to find an ID. I fasted for that yesterday, that he would get the desire or she would have the faith to follow the Lord and his commandment and leave him. I just feel that we've been trying for so long to get them married and it isn't happening. Maybe the Lord's answer is leave? We are going to set another baptismal date with her and make sure this one she is spiritually connected to. That way she knows what she has to do if it gets close and he hasn't decided to change and marry her yet. I'm praying I get to see her baptized. She's like my sister and I want to be there for her and Noemi when they are baptized.

Coming home is getting real. I got "trunky papers" in the mail this last week talking about the final days in the mission. Bleck. Shipping the bike home and all. I am not excited for the last few weeks. Next week, I hope to ship some boxes with clothes home for the sisters. Merry Christmas! ha ha I'm looking forward to being able to work in the ward and help the missionaries. I think that is the thing I'm most excited for, apart from seeing the fam. I hope everyone is planning to keep me super busy. I don't want any down time for the first few days. It is going to be weird going from being super busy to not busy at all. I PRAY that I make the adjustment well and don't have any breakdowns. I feel like I adjusted to the mission well so adjusting to home won't be too bad, right? 

I love you all and hope you have a good week. 

Love, 
Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment