Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 25, 2015

On Exchanges!  Hermana Clark (my sister, Hermana Hurley trained her also), Hermana Webb, and Me!


1. Nine months...holy cow. I cannot believe it has been 9 months already. Who would have thunk I could have made it this long? The mission is seriously the best thing in the entire world. This week I have been so stressed about things but I wouldn't change it for the world. It is the best kind of stressed because it is the Lord's work and He controls it. I'm stressed over something so righteous and I'm so grateful for this change I have made in myself. I feel happiness creeping into my life and I just feel JOY. It took me a lot time to get into the groove of life but I'm starting to grow and see my progress. I noticed that the change only came after I forgot myself. I focused on the people I was talking to, and the investigators I was teaching, and everything took off from there. When I forget myself I feel so happy. Sometimes I slip and those are the worst days because I'm so focused on how I'm feeling. The elders usually remind me to get back to work.

2. Hermana Flores went home and I was so sad. It was a lot harder to loose her than I thought it would be. But I'm not going to type too much in case she reads this. I don't want to make her feel bad. But, she is sorely missed here in the mission. 

Along with Hermana Flores, most of our zone were emergency transferred. Elders Snapp, Owusu, Riplie, and Bilbrough got moved. It was pretty stressful and we were all really sad to see them leave. It was super weird and we are not sure why it happened. We are adjusting to being a new zone but so far so good. 

3. THERE WERE TWO INVESTIGATORS FROM GALT AT CHURCH ON SUNDAY. 
You better believe momma was happy. I was so so so so so happy I almost cried. Ruben came and he is progressing to his date nicely. Also, we taught Ruben the word of wisdom today and he totally understood it. We asked him what he thought hot drinks would be and he said..."Ummmm, coffee and tea." When we asked him to live it he said "yeah, that'd be easy. Coffee and tea make me gag anyways." I love that kid so much. He makes me so stinking happy. He said he is really nervous about church but the more he comes the more he will get used to it. The Elders were really sweet to him and stayed about his side for most of priesthood, until a member stole him and took him to young mens. That was bad because Ruben doesn't speak English and young mens is in English. Ugh. Elder Williams and Elder Anderson felt really bad for loosing track of him. But all is good and he wants to come back next week. I love that little booger. 

Nathan was our other investigator that came to church. He is a beast. He is 10 and his mom and brother are members. We went over to their house this week and asked Nate if he wanted to be baptized and he said yes. He is currently praying about what date we wants to be baptized on. He is a little cutie and we are so happy for him. 

This week has been amazing and I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord. The blessings are coming and I can feel it. 

Les quiero, 
Hermana Porter.
 
Our Trio!

My Zone Leaders.  Elder Graham and Elder Snapp (E. Snapp left)

Elder Owusu, MY FAVORITE ELDER EVER!  I'm so sad he left.  We had spent 4 transfers together.

Elder Williams, Elder Owusu (he left), Elder Anderson, me, Hermana Flores (she left), Hermana Cuesta, Hermana Webb, and Elder Riplie (he left)

When we play basketball in the morning, Elder Snapp (he left) and I would always wear the same shirts.  We had to take at least 1 selfie before he left.

Last pic with my buddy.

Hermanos Amaya.  They are my FAVORITE!!

Homegirl, (Hna Flores) is gone and Momma is sad.

Our Apartment!  Hna Cuesta, Hna. Webb, Hna Flores, and me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment