Saturday, May 16, 2015

May 11, 2015

The New House.  Hna Cuesta, Hna Webb, Hna Flores, and me!!
 
Splendiferous Speech Patterns
 
Happy Mothers Day! Mothers day is now my favorite holiday, and Christmas of course. I was so happy to be able to talk to the family yesterday. Have I ever told any of you that I have the best family in the world, Because i do. The funniest moment was probably when Amanda's family got on and all the kids got to ask me one question. All of them were asking "What do you like about your mission?" "Is your companion nice?" "when do you get back to Nana's house?" It was Miles turn he didn't really have one at first so he just decided to state a fact "Maya's birthday is on Wednesday." Later on, however, he did decide that he had a question. The said (in the cute little accent I don't really remember him having) "When you were a baby, what color was your hair?" I seriously almost died. I love that kid so much.

The whole time I was just so thankful to Heavenly Father for the family He has given me and I am also so thankful that there is a way that families can be together forever. I'm so grateful for that gospel truth that I know. Families can be together forever, I always want to be with my family! Thanks for taking the time to talk to me! 

Lesson wise this week has been really good. We got to see Ruben (Yay for Ruben) and it went really well, although he did not come to church this week. That is something we have been having a problem with. We find really cool people to teach but it is really hard getting them to come to church. We hope that Ruben will be able to come soon. We are trying to bring fellow shippers but we will see how that goes. There aren't a lot of youth that live in Galt. We taught Ruben the Plan of Salvation and when we finished Hermana Flores said, Ruben, do you feel awkward when we come over. He said, Yes. That is going to be something that we will have to resolve. I'm going to work on being his friend this week. 

We also had a great family home evening with the Esparza's. I schooled Luis and Oslvado in Basketball. It was really funny. We are making so much progress with that family! 

Sorry this week is really short. I feel like I talked about everything but I haven't. Next week will be better! 
les quiero, 

Con amor, 
Hermana Porter
 
 My Zone last transfer.


Elder Owusu, Elder Phillips and Elder Anderson.  They bought us all watermelon.
 Spanish Sisters and Elder Wednt.  He was going home so he was desperate for pictures.
My Zone Leaders last transfer.  Elder Wednt and Elder Snapp


The Elders were super nice and gave us brownies and a letter with Indians on them.

Welcoming the New District!

No comments:

Post a Comment