Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May 18, 2015

Me and Hermana Flores!!!  My new companion.

Hi beautiful world. How has everyone been? Today I am a mixture of good and bad. Good because Luis struck again and I had another crazy spiritual experience with that kid. Seriously, I think I came on my mission for him. Bad, because it has been two weeks since we have added an investigator. I'm really struggling to focus on the good but the Lord is helping me though this hard time and I am becoming more and more aware of the blessing that the Lord is putting in my path. Luis and Ruben are two of those.

Transfers always bring a learning curve that I really wish didn't come. SO this is just part of that learning and the Lord has helped me a lot. I'm letting myself learn instead of become destructive and getting disappointed. I'm trying and am not perfect yet. Step by step! 

Anyways, last week Ruben lost his baptism date and we were really sad. He has had a problem with coming to church. We decided to have a lesson with him talking to him about WHY baptism. We didn't want him to feel like we were shoving it on him. We talked to him and he understood so we asked him to choose his own date. He did. He chose the 7th of June. We were so happy. We were literally floating on clouds by the time that we left there. He has promised us that he would come to church but he didn't show up. I'm not going to  lie...I was a little bit angry. Elder Anderson kept saying "Calm down, Hermana Porter. Maybe you shouldn't go over to his house after church. You might beat him up." 

The good news...I didn't beet Ruben up. The bad news, his excuse for not coming to church was really lame. But we did have a really good lesson about WHY we come to church and he said "Oh, I get it now. Church is a really important thing...I HAVE to come. I'm not going just because you asked me to." Sometimes...things like that happen and I feel like a crappy missionary but then I'm just so excited that he understands that I forget all about it. So Ruben...progress. Hopefully next week my email will be all excited about how he came to church! 

Luis....man I love that kid. He is Brad to a T. The more I spent time with him the more I'm like, Dude, you are Brad. But we had an amazing lesson with him that I'm not going to share all the details of but a lot of stuff happened and it ended in him promising to come to church every Sunday for a month. Holy cow I feel the spirit so strong every time I talk to that kid. He was at church on Sunday and he made an amendment to the promise...he gets to sit on the couches outside of the chapel...I mean it's progress, right? He was cracking us up because his girlfriend just joined the church (well, ex girlfriend) and so that makes him really nervous to go. He told us "Ugh, why did she have to join the only true church? Why couldn't she have joined one of those hundreds of others that are fake?" That kid is my favorite.....

Anyways, this week has been really good. The next few weeks are going to be really busy because we are preparing to receive the IPads. We have an IPad training on the 26th of this month and we get our IPads then! We are all so excited! 

Les quiero, 

Con amor, 

Hermana Porter
 
Ruben (in the background) and  his little brother, Andrew.

Selfie Sunday with mi companera.


We got to play some soccer after correlation on Thursday with the Lopez family.  It was a blast!

MY BROTHER!


Yeah..... masks to the maxxx.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment