Sunday, December 27, 2015

December 21, 2015



New Boots~!
 
Merry Christmas!

How's the new companion?  I want to know everything about her, where she from? How good is her Spanish? What do you like about her? How Willing is she to work?
Her name is Hermana Pimentel and she is super cool! She is from Yakima Washington and she is the oldest of 3 kids. She is originally from Michoacán Mexico. She is really nice and yes, her Spanish is really good. English how ever, is good but there are some communication errors. Looks like we will be speaking a lot of Spanish this transfer. 

Where will you spend Christmas?
We having to be out on Christmas so we have houses lined up to be at all day. Hispanics go hard on Christmas Eve so we have a lot of places to be the night before Christmas. Also, we have a mission wide Christmas Conference. That should be fun. We will go to the Gutierrez house on Christmas Eve to open our Christmas presents (that's why you got the picture last night. I wrote my letter to Santa and was putting it on the tree). Our investigators will be there as well so it will be really fun. Christmas morning we are going to the Andersons house (favorite family in English ward) to have breakfast and make cookies. Then we will skype (or facetime) there. Afterwards we will go to the Gutierrez and spend time with them and our investigators. Also, a lot of other members houses are lined up for that night.

Who's your favorite family in your branch?
The Gutierrez family. They are so excited to meet you all we you come out to pick me up. She is the R.S. president and he is in the branch presidency. They are so funny. they have 3 kids and who are the younger siblings i never had. She is my mom away from mom. She is the one who talked to you last night. 

Are you getting all of our Christmas letters?
yes. I am loving them. Some of the GK have so much personality it cracks me up! Landon and Grants letter had me crying! I'm excited to receive more!!!

Did you get your Christmas box?
I did and I will open it on Christmas eve! I'm so excited to open it but even more excited to talk to you all. 

How do you like being a sister training leader? Do you teach and preach my gospel?
I don't really get this question. I like it. There are more meetings and you aren't left out on what is going on. I HATE being left out. We go on exchanges too which is fun. 

Do you know what time you'll call on Christmas Day? (we are trying to make it so Brad can be here because he will be in Madison to talk to Morgan. For us, the later the better.)
So I will probably call at 11 my time and 2 your time. I'll see if I can get it changed. I'll call Christmas morning. 

This week has been really good. 

Sad story:

We went to see the girls who got baptized a few weeks ago. They are less active now. Their mom got back together with their dad. WE went to see them and the doors answered the door and they got really awkward. we were like bet you weren't expecting to see us! They said we will be right back. Then their dad came out and said "I really don't want you confusing my girls. Please stop coming over." As we started to walk away Josue said "Bye cookie quarter, I love you" Then his dad slammed the door. It was so sad. 

Happy: 

Fidel and Jess are back on track. They want to be baptized on the 1 of January. They are so excited. We had an amazing spiritual lesson with them last night and the Gutierrez really helped them out a lot. WE discerned their needs and it got so much better. WE are not longer as worried about them. Hna Gutierrez could relate to Jessica like no other. It was a glorious lesson. I can't wait until you can meet them. 

This was basically my week! 

love you, 
Hermana Porter 

ONLY 4 MORE DAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment