Thursday, November 19, 2015

November 15, 2015

Boy, I don't think I've ever heard such a truer phrase! I'm either loosing my ability to handle the cold or California is having one of the coldest winters ever! I think it is a little bit of both, like 2 weeks ago it was 80-90 degrees and then over night it was 40-50. I don't remember last winter being this cold or windy, I can barley stand straight! Jack Frost is totally nipping and my nose, and toes, and elbows!

This week has been really good. We have been working really hard to get the Espinosa girls ready for their baptism this coming weekend! We have a ton left to do but through Christ all things are possible, right? We have to find baptismal outfits and everything, I'm really upset that we don't have a ward mission leader because life would be so much easier if we did.

We've been focusing on trying to get member involvement here and this week we have 4 lessons in members homes! We have seen so many blessings because of that we have 6 baptisms coming up! We found a family this week and they are so solid. 

Yessica has been to church 3 times with her girls and this week we had our first lesson with her. We showed up to the members house and Yessica had brought her husband Fidel. We taught them the restoration and they are all sponges! We can only meet with them as a family on Wed and Sun because Fidel works out of town but they were so excited to be able to meet with us. When we taught the Book of Mormon they were like "Oh my goodness, we have to read it so we can know if it is true or not." We were like, uh yeah. We were so shocked they had such a desire to know, we weren't expecting them to be that interested. Last night, at our lesson with them, they readily accepted a baptism date for December 12, all they have to do is get married. Yessica is just like Beatriz was, she soaks up everything we give her and she read literally every book we place in her hands. She read all the way to Abinadi in the children's Book of Mormon stories book. She also loves the prophet and their guidance to us. 

The Lord has blessed us so much the last few weeks. We are just trying to keep warm here. This week we are focusing on Yessica and Fidel and making sure we get everything in place for the girls baptism! The Lord really does prepare for us after we have done everything we can. 

I'm grateful that I see the blessings the Lord is giving me. Thanks for all your prayers, they are working. 

love, 
Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment