Thursday, June 25, 2015

June 15, 2015



Yesterday was basically the craziest day of my life. Transfer Monday = my least favorite day. They are so crazy and hectic that sometimes you just don't want them to happen. The whole day you have a knot in your stomach because a phone call that comes at 8:00 decides your future for the next 6 weeks at the very least. Can you start to understand why I hate transfer P-Day.

We also call Transfer P-day Man-Up Monday because you go a week and a day with out rest so usually you try to find some sort of service for Monday so you can still function. Welp, yesterday we found us some good service. We moved a family, who were non members. They got movers to pack their stuff for them and let me tell you something. I will NEVER have movers pack my stuff. Also, a must have for my future husband, he HAS to be good at Tetris. That is a must for moving. I almost died twice. At the top of the pile was a SWING. A huge porch swing. Ugh. It was not fun. That took us all about 4 hours to do and we were SWEATING like a pig on the 4th of July. It was so hot that I took ANOTHER shower. 

That night we went to have a dinner at a members house with the whole zone. It was quite the party. We didn't get to stay long but we got some good chicken sandwiches. We had a really good lesson with the Esparza family. We talked a lot about the Lord and what he expects of us. We watched the Will of God and that video always hits home with me. I love so much how they say that "The Lord loves us to cut us down." and that is something that I'm still learning. The Lord loves me enough to tell me what I need to do and what I need to change. I love that so much. 

Our night got really hectic around 8:00 p.m. That is the time that transfer calls usually start coming and we got a call from President Jardine. The whole thing about this transfer is that if you stay south, you will be in the Modesto mission but if you go North you will stay in the Sacrament Mission. So this is what is happening to me. 

Hermana Porter has served diligently and faithfully in the California Sacrament Mission for the last 10 months of her mission. The Lord has called me to serve, again, but this time I have been Re-assigned to the California Modesto Mission, where she will finish the remainder of her mission. This becomes affective as of July 1st, 2015. 

Yes. Homegirl is leaving President and Sister Jardine and Sacramento as she knows it. My new companion is going to be Hermana Carpenter. I'm not sure what area we will be covering yet but I know that I am staying in the same apartment. The STL's are leaving and NOT being replaced. As well as for the rest of the district. Elder Williams is staying here and being companions with Elder Guzman. We all almost died because we though that Elder Anderson was leaving. BUT that champ isn't leaving us he is just being made a ZONE LEADER. I think he is really stressed about it but I'm so proud of him. He is a spiritual giant. 

My new mission President will be President Palmer. I'm really really sad to leave the Jardines but I know I have a lot to learn from the Palmers and I'm excited for this time that the Lord has given me to grow and learn. 

The rest of this week has been really good. We took a temple tour with Ruben and he LOVED it so much. He told us that he wants to serve a mission and he wants to be a missionary like us. He also said that he feels sad for all the people who don't want to enter the temple. He came to church on Sunday and he is progressing very nicely for his baptism date on 27 of June. 

Cool experience. On the way home from the temple we stopped at Chik-fil-a (they don't have one in our zone) and this guy named Justin served us. He is a member and he is trying to decide if he wants a mission next year or not. He is not entirely convinced of the idea. We got to bare our testimonies to him about the importance of missions and i could see the spirit speak to him. It was beautiful. 

Alright ya'll, I love you so much. 

Les quiero, 
Hermana Porter
 

LODI SURVIVORS: E. Phillips, E. Ducket, E. Williams, E. Blanchard, E. Anderson, E. Simms, E. Graham, S. Christensen, H. Webb, me, H. Cuesta, S. Pisa, S. Williams, S. Amos

No comments:

Post a Comment