Thursday, June 25, 2015

June 22, 2015

Selfie Sunday


The good news about this week is that Hermana Carpenter does not have a brain tumor. She had been having these weird headaches for a week and the mission nurse didn't know what to do about it so Friday we found ourselves in the emergency room and she was getting a KAT scan of her brain. The doctor said that it is just a migraine so we need to make sure she is drinking a lot of water and what not. So we dodged that bullet.

This week has been interesting. Since we are covering both areas now I kind of feel like a chicken running around with her head cut off. We are just running from one place to another and I don't really feel like anything is getting done/i feel like we are accomplishing a ton! I feel a little bit of pressure because I've been in both areas but it has been so long that I've worked in Galt that I don't really know where to take us and the same with Lodi. I've only been in Lodi for a short period of time so I don't know where to go or what to do. It is a little stressful. The good news is a lot of our members are helping us out. Thank goodness! 

If I'm being honest, I'm a little bit sad writing this email today because Ruben isn't going to get baptized this weekend. He told us this week he wasn't sure if he wanted to be baptized anymore. My little heart is broken and I'm trying to catch up with what is actually happening. We decided what would be best is to give him a little bit of space and make some choices on his own and we want him to rely on the Lord for what he should do, not us. He made the choice not to come to church this Sunday so we are going to go over to his house on Tuesday to see what he is thinking. I guess I will let you know what happens next week. 

So I don't think that I made it clear last week but me and Hermana Carpenter are the only ones living in the apartment now. The STL left and they weren't replaced and so because they left me and Hermana Carpenter cover their area. It is quite the work load. I love Hna. Carpenter so much! We are like two peas in a pod. Sometimes we talk too much...studies are hard to do but this week we are buckling down. She is from Utah. This is the first companion that I've had from Utah. She is 22 years old (Her birthday is the 16 of July so make sure to send her something.) She has graduated from BYU with a degree in Biology and after the mission she plans of going to medical school. Even though she is super smart she doesn't make me feel stupid. She is one transfer younger than me and she is amazing. Her Spanish is great and I feel comfortable talking in front of her. We are doing great balancing everything in lessons and I think we are going to do great together. Especially since we have 8 weeks together instead of 6. 

So I guess now is the time to yell you that I've received a 2 week extension of my mission.l You should get a letter about it in them mail this week. On Sunday I will no longer be in the California Sacramento Mission I will be in the California Modesto mission. Please stop sending mail to the Sacramento Mission Office. When I receive the address for the new one I will let you know. Hopefully that doesn't mess up our plan for the future! 

Alright everyone. I love you so much and I hope you have a great week! 

Love, 
Hermana Porter
 
At the hospital.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment