Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 6




So this is my last time emailing at the CCM. It is crazy how fast time has flown. I can't even believe it. I am so excited to enter into the actual mission field tomorrow but I am not excited about having to wake up in less than 11 hours. My flight leaves at 6:08 am and I'm not excited for how early that is. We have to leave the CCM at 2:00 am. No sleep for me tonight.

So...general conference! How amazing was it? I totally loved it. Here are some things that I learned. 

1. Lynn G. Robbins. He is awesome. I loved that entire talk. I loved that fact that he said that we are accountable to God not to man. Changed my life. I was always so nervous about saying things because I was scared of how my companions would react or if I had a disobedient companion how I would handle it. But if I am receiving spiritual revelation that I should say something or do something then I should do it and I shouldn't be sacred of the outcome because I serve God and my trust is in him. 

2. Dieter, my main apostle, did a great job as always. Both in GC and in the women's session. I love how he taught us how to learn His voice. This has helped me so much. I have been really struggling noticing the Lord influence in my life this week. I've been so nervous and so aggravated with my comp that I have had a hard time being in-tune with the spirit. As I search His words, ponder and consider and fearlessly strive to believe, and ask Him, and do his will I find it to be easier. I find when I don't focus on those things then I get distracted and things get harder for me. 

3. Jorg was awesome. His talk changed my life. I loved how he was like, if there is something in your life you don't like, take control and change it. That made me realize that is what I need to do. That is the 3rd time that I've heard this in the last week. Shout Out to dad because he was one of them. I need to work on that because there is a ton of stuff that I have to change if I want to be a GREAT missionary. Jorg killed it almost as much as his name did. 

4. I loved President Monson's talk. I loved that he told us that we need to follow the example of Christ. That is something I really struggle with because I get so caught up in myself that I don't follow His example and I start to feel guilty. I need to ¨let His teachings guide my life.¨

5. BEDNAR, my man. He killed it. I am one of the 88,000 that get to do this full time! I am sharing the thing I love most. I am so grateful for it. I share this not because I am forced to but because I love it and I want others, that I love, to have this great happiness and joy. That is my hope that I can bring just a little bit of joy into someone else's life. 

Other than this I don't have a lot to say this week. It has been a difficult one with my companions but luckily I haven't been too home sick. I just wish I had people to talk to on the occasion just to get my feelings out because that is what I need to do most of the time. 

I can't wait to be out in the field and serving. I hope that will help me lose a lot of the selfishness I have. I also can't wait for American food. 

I have little presents for all of the sobrinos and I cant wait to send them. 

Happy birthday to Claire-bear. I cannot believe she is 1 already. That is crazy to me. 

Love you all and have a great week,

Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment